Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Memorial...

Last night I went to a memorial service for a lady names Linda Lillie who I wish I so desperately could have known. Everything everyone said made her seem more and more interesting. She seemed like a strong lady. She got a brain tumor when she was 24 years of age and had sixteen 10-hour surgeries and sustained major nerve damage in her face. She was 30 years old when God completely healed her. I feel I could have learned so much from her and I hate she passed before I got that chance.

While I was at the service, Gary Ware came up and was talking to me. He told me that when I was little, he said a prayer over me one night when I was just a baby. He said I had such a strong anointing on my life and that when I was little, my mom didn't know what to do with me! :) I didn't know how to handle and honestly I still don't. He told me that he saw a vision about me a few weeks ago. It took him back to the time he prayed for me. He told me that God compared me to a caterpillar. He said over the last few months I have been in the ca coon and God has been changing me and my heart. He told me I am in the last few stages of change and when it is finished, I will be a new person. He had no idea how much I needed to hear that. For the past few months, it has been struggle after struggle. I haven't understood why everything has been so difficult and when he told me that, I realized, it's God trying to change me.

I know I don't have a brain tumor or anything like that but I believe that my prayers and situations are just as important to him as anything else. I now know that God is doing a work in my life just like he did in Sis. Lillie's. I only wish that someday I will measure up to be half the woman Linda Lillie was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger